צעד קדימה
 

About Us

'Tsad Kadima' (A Step Forward), the Association for Conductive Education in Israel, is recognized worldwide for its holistic approach to rehabilitation and education of children, adolescents, and young adults with cerebral palsy or motor dysfunctions. We seek to develop each participant's self-esteem, independence, and competencies toward mainstreaming into regular society successfully. To accomplish these goals, we involve families and follow normal daily routines as bases for our work.

Among our staff of more than 20 professionals, Conductive Education (CE) specialists, called conductors, have completed a three-year training program that the Israel Ministry of Education funds and that Tsad Kadima manages.

The Beginning

Nearly three decades ago, a beautiful baby girl was born in Jerusalem to a loving family. When her doctors determined that she had cerebral palsy, her parents searched worldwide for the best treatment. And they embarked on a remarkable ongoing journey. When they learned about the Conductive Education (CE) method that Professor Andreas Petõ, a Hungarian Jewish physician, developed in the 1920s and 1930s, they brought their daughter to Budapest for long training sessions. Soon, hundreds of other Israeli families followed the Jerusalem pioneering family. The positive changes and progress that the children made convinced their parents to establish the Association for Conductive Education in Israel, naming it Tsad Kadima (A Step Forward). In this way, they turned their own challenges into a platform for helping many families with the same challenges.

Today

With a budget of about 15 million NIS (about $3.9 million), we run programs all year (summers, too), from Carmiel in the north to Beersheba in the south. Our local training program for Israeli CE practitioners, conductors, leads to a CE certificate that the European Union and Israel recognize.

While our budget covers 75 percent of operations with funds from three Israel Ministries - Education, Welfare, and Health, we raise the remaining $1 million (about 25 percent) through parent-initiated fundraising activities. These include benefit concerts, the annual Hike for Hope, and garnering support from private individuals and foundations.

Leadership Team

Chairperson: Ms. Anete Mozes (to list of Board of Directors).
Executive Director: Mr. Guy Salomon
Professional Director: Dr. Rony Schenker
Fundraising Coordinator: Ms. Anat Elya
Projects Coordinator: Ms. Ayala Mizrahi
For further information please contact us
דרונט בניית אתרים